Monday, October 24, 2005

mexico: playa del carmen, quintana roo

when I was there, Playa del Carmen was an extremely pleasant place

where I did not take many pictures because I was wandering around sampling the invariably-superb margaritas and eating the world's best tacos at the Taqueria Gomez

(and yes I said "world's best" and yes I mean it and yes I'll go to the mat for that one, so if you have a problem with that I suggest you step up and say something).


the sea was a little ominous for much of the time we were there, what with tropical storm Stan blowing overhead (it wasn't a hurricane yet)

I'm afraid things are a little different now (AP photo, not mine):

2 Comments:

Blogger jenn see said...

wow, the difference is so striking when you frame it that way...

love the image of the neon in the rain, beautiful, i've always loved the effect of that kind of light.

10:11 AM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

The lights on the wet street... it's like a new world.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home